Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Run Away

My friend, S. is applying the NYU film school. I am happy for him. There was the requirement that every applicant needed to write the concept of the feature film you wanted to direct for your graduation. He wanted to write something about the memory of his father and his friends in New York. And, he decided to write a road trip movie. I personally like the road trip movie. It's like I went to candyland that I always found some exciting candies unexpected. Friend, M helps him rewrote some part of the scripts. I love what he wrote "No matter how far away we run, it seems we always end up where we started". It's very "Sex and the city".

I think it's very true what he said. We always try to run away from someone, something or somewhere. That's the human nature, right? Specially in the big cities, everyone looks for something also they run away from the other thing. Cities gave you the mask. They provide you a shelter and make you feel alone.

I felt like we all ran a lot. I moved from Taiwan to New York. It was 10,000 miles away. Distance made me feel safe from gossip and from high pressure of expection. It was the easiest way to deal with all immature thoughts.

There are many ways to run away from life without actually running, drug or alcohol. Name some of them. Alcohol is an amazing thing. It slows down your mind and reaction. Good or bad. You can avoid things successfully.

I have run from my life. Now, I kind of paid for the price. But, I felt happy I actually start facing them now. It's lot of work but gradually, I do make difference. Therapy does help me a lot.

5 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you trying to run away from me? Haha...I'm okay,enjoy reading your blog. 林XX,不是我說啦~你這沒良心的人,都不理我~人家難得去一趟紐約想見見你也不行喔!你根本忘記我了啦~那麼多朋友,了不起!虧我那麼重感情!反正你很滿意現在的生活吧!不打算回台灣了嗎?我真的很佩服你就對了,跟Irene勇敢選擇過自己想要的日子~我也要!那...你到底知不知道我是誰啊?你假裝知道其實忘了吧!哼

 
At 11/15/2006 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

我現在也閒閒沒事幹準備考試耶

 
At 11/15/2006 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

我也最最最愛Jennifer Aniston!She is SUPER SWEET!你看好多電影喔~我記得你好愛看電影一點都沒變呢,真是想念你~sorry太多話啦,看到你回我好開心耶~你要保重有什麼想要的東西我可以幫你寄喔

 
At 11/16/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11/16/2006 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe taking a break instead of running away. Escape from reality once in a while refresh and energize you body and soul, but constantly running away is just not healthy. Glad to hear that u r making some changes, hold on to it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home