Monday, October 23, 2006

The Book of Daniel


The show had been canceled after a couple of episodes on air because the content was too controversy and all Christians protested the show. It's how funny "The weed" wasn't canceled even the show teaches people how to bake the weed.

I saw the first 3 episodes. They were very interesting. It talked about sex, sexuality, racisim, drugs, stolen money, and alcohol. Everything was circled around the "Faith". So, Rev. Daniel has a gay son, a daughter who sells the weeds to buy a software, an adopted son who sleeps around, an alchohol wife, a dumb sister-in-law. How lucky he is!! He has this dysfuntional family that no one ever had. That makes the story special.

The gay son was played by Christian Campbell who played Gabriel in Trick. I love the movie, "Trick". It's light and has a happy ending. The movie actually made me smile a lot when I watched. Peter is out to his family except his grandpa who is an old and conservative reverend. His grandpa set him up with a girl when he was in the church. And, he hit on her brother. Hummm it happened all the time. He took her to see a broadway show "La Cage Aux Folles". How gay it could be! So Peter didn't want to come out to his grandpa because he didn't want to hurt him. We heard this words all the time. Is this still a closet case? That's the story wants to discuss about.

An adopted son who is a chinese and dated a white girl who is the daughter of his father's coworker. The girl's mom wanted seperated them because he is an asian. It's a very simply racism thing doesn't have any depth at all.

The show is very entertaining. I will get another disc in a couple of days. It discussed about the "Faith". I was raised in an atheist family. I don't really know how strong the christian faith can affect the people until I came to US. Faith can make you love or can make you hate people. It really played by someone's hand. I do have my faith but not with God or any spiritual things. We need to believe something to live on this uncertain world. Like the faith, we all find someone we will love someday. It sounds like a joke. haha.

Keep tuned! I will be back when I saw more episodes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home