Monday, October 30, 2006

B&B


This have nothing to do with Bed and Breakfast. For me, It's Brooklyn and Bronx, two different boroughs in New York City. I live in Brooklyn in the moment and in the process of moving to Bronx. One is down south and the other one is up north. There is the map on the left so it's from one pink to another pink. Pink boy heheh.

I love Brooklyn. Brooklyn once was the 4th largest city in US. There are so much to offer-- Beaches, Botanical Garden, Museum, and special BAM( Brooklyn Academy of Music). It really makes Brooklyn differently. So why do Iwant to move if there are so many wonderful things in Brooklyn? It just takes me too long to travel back and forth. besides,
I have some friends who live in the same building to make my life more fun.

My memory about Brooklyn is always lovely. There are more brown buildings than those modern ugly houses. Prespect park is like a small version of central park. There are a lot of offer. The movie, the object of my affection was filming in Prospect Park. It's one of Jennifer Aniston's movie.

The new apartment is near by Yankee Stadium. I am excited to move. There will be a lot of sunlight in my apartment compared to the one I am living now and eat-in kitchen. :) It's just a real deal. The only thing I need to do now is to work hard and make more money to pay the huge rent.

I live in New York for almost 8 years. I moved around a lot. I have lived all different places within the city, Flushing, Astoria, East Harlem, Brooklyn, Jersey City. Oh, Jersey City wasn't considered as NYC. haha Bronx will be the 4th borough I will live in NYC. I am proud to live in the different part of the city. I have chances to observe this most hybrid city in the world.

Bronx was always part of New York City if you go to New York Public Library. There is a Sizzler in Bronx. I don't know anyone would appreciate that. But, My friend and I were so excited when we found out the restaurant. It's part of our memory to Taipei. I remembered "all you can eat" was the big thing in Taiwan in 90'. Sizzler was everywhere. After "all you can eat" phenomenon blows, all the restaurants are gone. It's so funny we found it when he had to fix his car in Bronx. We couldn't wait to get in to enjoy the meal. It's more about memory than meal itself. Like 2 kids in theme park, everythings came back.

So visit me sometimes after Thanksgiving. I will be in Bronx for a while.

3 Comments:

At 10/31/2006 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first time i had a road trip with my bf before we commited to the relationship, his car was broken down on the highway next to the Yankee Stadium.
We sat in the car looking at the stadium and had a long talk that night. Since then both of us desided we want to be together. I remembered the scene was like in a movie. So everytime we passed the stadium, we smile at each other.

 
At 11/01/2006 6:00 PM, Blogger Chez Buzenval said...

It won't be easy for me to visit you my dear...

 
At 11/11/2006 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to NYC last month but you didn't want to see me! (Did you get my message in cell phone?)What a mean guy you are! :( We haven't seen each other for many years...Do you remember me? I used to visit your place in Jersey city where you lived wz Stephen. We also took some photos in Princeton Univ. together.(I thought we had a great time,hah)I miss you a lot. I am exciting to find your blog by myself! Thanks God that you're doing great! Enjoy your life, do whatever you want to do. You are the best! Hope to see you someday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home