Monday, November 06, 2006

Marie Antoniette


Marie Antoniette is the movie that is based on the Queen of France, Marie Antoniette. I think everyone read the history when we were younger. I saw the movie last night. I have a little bit different idea about her now. And, then I just read some of her auto biography from Wikipedia. It's very differetn as I knew before.

The movie was directed by Sofia Coppola. I saw her last two movies, Lost in Translation and Virgin Suicide. Lost in Translation was very poetic to capture two foreingers who were drawn in Tokyo. Cultural difference made all of us be very hard to adjust ourselves sometimes.

I really like the custome in the movie. I mean it's not very easy to see the detail of all clothes but they are very colorful and look happy. Those shoes look very delicated. I am not an 18 century expert but I do feel the dresses were very french and in the period.

I was in Paris one time. I actully went to Versailles for a visit. I have seen all the rooms and settings in the movie. French preserves everything very well. It made me want to go again. hehe.

The great thing was I actually re-read some articles about her. And, I don't think she ruined France at all by spending money. I mean when you were born in Royal, you don't really know what's the poor like. She is pretty strict with her daughter from the history I read. She taught her how to love people and shared the wealth with them. That's not easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home