Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Moving


I am in the process of moving to a new place. I digged into my closet. I was drown into my junky closets. I found the more I clean my closets, the more stuffs were found. I was surprised how much shit I had. Boxes of boxes were packed. I guess I have some sort of collective personality. Once it goes in, it never goes out. And I hardly see them once in a blue moon.

I didn't like moving although I have moved a lot after I came to US. I moved almost every 6 months in the first 3 years. I have lived in Flushing, Astoria, downtown jersey city, spanish Harlem, East Village and Brooklyn. Not even count those short period of time where I stayed. I met people from all over the world that crawled into the same block. It's like moving around the world in the microscope without actually flying. Different parts of city look very different. It's like a little union nation. I remembered there is an ad in F train. It describes different stops that has different attractions and neighborhood. Korean, Russian... blah blah.

That's the best thing about New York. When I walk 30 blocks far, I met the different world. How wonderful it is in this city! That's why Madonna has a song "I love New York".

That's why we all stay in New York.

1 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised that moving so many times havn't tought you one presious lesson_don't keep things you don't see or use for a year!!!

Another one: When you buy one new thing, you have to throw two old things from your closet.

It is hard to keep these advices though. XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home