Tuesday, November 21, 2006

New apartment

I finally moved. It's so much relieved. I was up until 4 am on Saturday morning. I tried to finish up packing. So, I didn't get much sleep. Luckily, I had the mover to move all the stuffs. This was the first time I stood there and watched. It's so much easier in that way. And I paid almost the amount of money that I rent U-haul and moved by myself and friends.

They did a decent job. It started 9:30am and ended 12:30pm. I was drowning in my boxes in my living room. My friend came over to help me unpack. We set up my bed, sofa and TV. Suddenly, he said TV and futon looked tiny in the living room. I looked around it's true. I only use less than half space in my living room. How funny it is! I love it. I can really relate to where I live now.

I have two friends who live in my building. One is right above me. And, the other one is on the second floor. On Sunday, we had a dinner party in my dear friend's apartment on second floor. It was warm and joyful. I felt like it's so different as how I lived before. Just like the movie, His secret life, we all formed a new family by friendship. It's welcoming.

People always tell me how danger Bronx is. I just don't see the danger in the neighborhood. This neighborhood changed a lot. For example, there is no bar in 24 hour grocery store. It's the sign how safe the area is. It's even better than spanish Harlem where I used to live before. My building is a very nice building. The landlord put down a lot of work to make more friendly and homey. Haha, I want to move every of my friends in here.

I am really happy with my new apartment.

3 Comments:

At 11/28/2006 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope i will have the chance to visit your new home.

 
At 11/28/2006 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop by anytime. i would be very happy...

 
At 1/07/2007 4:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds really nice and love to come sometimes to your new nest. Sorry I was so busy in moving myself last time you invited me. Guess it is the moving season! When r u dropping by my place? You are always welcome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home