Monday, September 25, 2006

Fall in New York, my life and my work!

September is almost toward the end in New York. It's really the fall season now. Sunny and windy. The leaves turn orange soon. I started noticing sunlight is shrinking and feeling dark. I actually like the fall in New York. The weather is not too dry or humid. Everything looks perfect except winter is near by. :( This year is toward the end soon too. Yeah, I am getting older.

I hardly talk about my work. I work in a custom-made business for 2 and half years now. I learn new things everyday which are very exciting. I can't really show the pictures of the dresses that we had made because they are kind of confidential and they don't belong to me.

Work is so much fun. I actually execute some part of the clothing, mostly cutting and pattern making, sometimes sketches. I am learning draping right now. Oh, I didn't study fashion at all in school. Draping is probably the most creative part in making clothes. How the fabric falls would really change the look of the cloth.

It's kind of the landmark to me that I work for this company in such a long time. And, I still enjoy it although I have to struggle with my bills all the time. Unlike most of people who work in fashion, we make the clothes in house. It means no outsourcing and no overseas conversation. I can't daydream in a cubicle since we don't have one at all. :p

I am starting a new project with my friends right now. We want to achieve the goal that every mom who nurses her own baby still dress beautifully. My couture fashion experience might help. :) Stay tune!!!!

4 Comments:

At 9/26/2006 1:13 AM, Blogger Chez Buzenval said...

Surprise that you work in the fashion industry. Just can't believe that you are really in it. Good for you to have a job you like. And I just want to say that we are never too old to dream, so, just go for it !

 
At 10/03/2006 10:11 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Life takes the strange turn. I think I really love what I am doing right now. Maybe because my mom was a dress maker, I saw those things when I was a kid. It's a great job to work in. How's your movie dream? Maurice

 
At 10/04/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Chez Buzenval said...

Well, my movie dream moves on slowly, really slowly. It's really difficult to earn your living in the movie industry. Anyway, I'm at the beginning of the road, so I won't turn back, since I don't know what I can do else...

 
At 10/16/2006 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your nursing dress project is starting. Then, I can order dozens of them for the next year, and wish to be your first customer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home