Sunday, September 24, 2006

Crossroad

How many times firends actually came across in our life and left? I guessed it's a lot. Sometimes, they came back again. That is blessed. But, sometimes they don't. I guessed it meant something to all of us. ABC has a new show called "6 degrees". It was interesting that they show everyone would come across to each other without knowing they actually do it.

I recently read two blogs of friends of mine. One is in New York and the other one is in Europe. They enlightened my memory so vividly that I started to re-trace my past.

Summer 1997 was long time ago. It was before 2001 when the time we never thought about airplane would fall like a bird was shot by a gun. I just got out of Navy for 10 days and went on my first foreign trip. I was in Europe for a month. The sun was shine and the life was fun. Wish you all can see the pictures. :)

I met this wonderful girl from New York when I was in Greece. We had a great time to be travel companions. We had mutual love for people, food, and night lifes. Vacation was short. She went back to NY and then I wandered in Europe for aother while. We met in New York again after I moved here. She showed me around. Met people. Life got busy between each other. We lost contact again. Then, we would meet each other on the street in New York. Or, we would meet in the drawing studio. The link never last long. Then, She started her public blog a while ago so we linked again. I read her thoughts and think she is wonderful.

I met him around 1995 or 1996 when I was in Navy. Actually, I mailed him in letter. We didn't meet until we all got out of the military. We mailed each other back and forth to fill out our meaningless mandatory military life. Then, he went to France and I came to New York. We were on emails instead of real mails. Never saw each other in real life. And, then the mail became less and less. One day, it stopped. A few years ago, we emailed each other again. And, stopped again. Until this year, I found his email in my never-used email account. That was a surprise that he sent me the link of his blog. And, I started reading his blog how he wanted to reconnect to his old pen-pals. That was from 10 years ago.

I don't know how many chances I will have to reconnect to all the people I have come across in my life inclding all my exes. But, I find it's so lucky that we all have chances to meet each other again wherever they are. It might be the fate. We should all cherish the chances, right?

By the way, many articles in their blogs are in Chinese or French.
Here is Krispy's blog.
And, there are Maurice's french blog and his searching for the past - our common memory.

4 Comments:

At 9/25/2006 2:37 AM, Blogger Chez Buzenval said...

It was a big pleasure for me to met you sometime in the first part of my life. We were young and beautiful (still!!!)To reach you again, in English this time, makes me feel that I'm really the lucky one. This time I won't let this link fade out. Kiss from France.

 
At 9/26/2006 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe true friendship stands the test of time.
No matter how far apart the 2 people are,
No matter how long ago you spoke to each other, love never fade away.
Once you meet again, you always pick up where you left off right away.
That is the true meaning of friendship.

 
At 10/03/2006 10:09 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Yeah, Throught the time, we lived and most likely, survived. We are all back together. For friendship!!

 
At 11/11/2006 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I your friend? Was I in your memory? :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home