Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Step Up


Ok I am a movie junky. I liked the poster a lot when I saw it on the street a couple of weeks ago. I lookd for the website. The actor was an abercrombie model and then he was in the movie "She is the man". Haha... I almost went to see that movie because of him. When my friend called me to go to see the movie, I didn't remember any of my research. I was kind of tag along with him. I didn't remember him until the end credit showed.

i think the story was mediocre. It's too straight forward. Everytime they broke up to go their own way. The story wasn't very promising to see them come back together. But, I do like those teen romantic movies. Very cheezy. lol

There was a simliar movie,
Saving the Last Dance, came out like 5 years ago. That was the first time I saw Julia Stiles. She was amazing in the movie. I admired her. The movie was discussed about racial conflict, dream to be a dancer. It was quite well done.

"Step Up" was about two kids who fall in love from two different social classes. The movie didn't discuss about it that much. The boy dances hip hop style and the girl was a modern ballet dancer. The first funny thing was how they became partners. When Nora's dancing partner injured, she had to find a new partner to practice. Tyler was doing the community service in the art school. She couldn't find anyone who can lift her in the school so she asked the principal to let Tyler to dance with her. How funny it is!!! She wasn't like 300 pounds. lol The other one was the end scene. When they broke up again( Each one broke up withthe other one time in the movie), she decided to prepare her own solo show. Last minutes, Tyler came back and persuaded her to let him join the show. I thought it was kind of ridiculous. But, it's a screen love. They made everything possible.

I like the dancing part a lot. The music in the move was awesome. It was pretty romantic and entertaining.

1 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Simrose said...

Ken, I saw some of "She's the Man" on an airplane to LA. I tired to watch it in Spanish even though I don't speak the language. I understood pretty much all of it just from the actor's expressions. I fell asleep so I didn't see how it ended. But I've seem many movies like that before. It is all about how sexuality is fluid like you declared, however, the couples always turn out to be heterosexual after all--what a relief. I declare that the entire world is homosexual. I declare that heterosexuality is a delusion, and the cause of original sin, and all the preseved problems. I've been mediating none stop on the world, and I figured it all out. I am now Buddha. I get the joke. If you want I'll tell you the secret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home