Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Anglomania

I went to Metropolitan Museum yesterday. I can't believe the museum jack up their price. It's 20 dollars per person now. What an artsy world now. Obiviously, art couldn't resist capitalization either. Where poor people could enjoy arts. Life sucks!!!!!

Anglomania ran from May to September. Yesteday was the last day in Met. I just catched it in time. :)

I was kind of disappointed with the exhibition. It was kind of small. I thought I would see more clothes than I saw yesterday. Met usually have very good shows. It was very interesting to see how the collection was installed. They mixed the modern pieces with the traditional ones. The old pieces from 17 or 18 centuries were mostly from the book I read already. But, I was really happy to see Alexander McQueens. It was very exciting. One of my favorite was a white dress who was designed by John Galliano. It resemble Greek goddess's dress which I really love and fancy about. I like softness and drapery. It could be a beautiful wedding gown. I personally don't like John Galliano too much from those collections he did for Dior. It's kind of too much for much. I like simple and clean lines.

After that, I walked around the museum. I haven't been to Met for a long time. I found they installed a modern painting gallery. It looks like they tried to compete with MOMA. Yeah, in pricewise too. lol. I really like this new part of Met besides Roman and Greek Statues collection.

I should to go to Met more since they only ask for donation. :p

1 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 6:15 PM, Blogger Simrose said...

Ken, I found out that the best museum is in the Chelsea Hotel, and it is free. Let's go there together some time. I took a room there once when I was too tired to make it back to Sunset Park. It was Giovanni's room, it was beautiful, and you filled it with love. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home