Monday, January 08, 2007

Button Stores

I walk on the street to shop fabrics and notions a lot. It brought up my memory about similar settings in a small town of Taiwan. My mom was a dress maker. She always brought me to the stores when she needed somethings.

Different cities and different countries. The settings in the store are pretty much very similar. I walked in the store. I pulled off the button box. The old images all came to my mind. Life is so different now and then. It's like we all tried to get back where we started. People, images, and memory.

I found my childhood memory was involved a lot with clothings. Custom made per se. My house used to have all Japanese clothing books. My mom would show the clients all different styles so they can pick one and remake them. It's fun to see how people have their own way to find the style that is only on 2-D dimension and try to become them.

I guess that is my earliest memory about custom made clothing( ha couture for sake). Custom made is about fit. Large size or small size. You have to make everyone happy. It's pretty much a salesperson's job. This is the world about marketing and sales. That's how we live.

I like things in my memory. It's so real!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home