Monday, October 09, 2006

Behind the Red Door

I was bored yesterday. The movie was on Logo channel. I saw some scenes before but not a whole movie. I likeed Kiefer Suferland from "24" who is a great actor. The movie was talked about a person who is dying in AIDS wanted his sister to come back to Boston and took care of him in a last few months.

Although the charactor is gay and has AIDS, I felt like the movie tried to deal with their emotion to each other and how family was broken. The sister was tried to search for the family secret and reconcile themselves.

I love how the two characters were portrayed. Roy( Kiefer Suferland) is a strong character that he would try so hard to get anything he wants. He forced his sister to stay and took care of him. So, I found one thing is very interesting. We somehow all inherited the bad part of our parents whom we hate so much when we were kids. We would performed the same kind of behaviors in our life. I guessed we adopted what we learned in our early life through the time. That's how we find our awkard behaviors to make other people unhappy. I remembered my mom always ordered me around which I don't like very much. One time I was with a friend. He told me I did the same thing as my mom did it to me. I felt very bad. Returned to the movie, in order to get his sister to stay with him, he would yell at her to make her feel bad and stayed. I see strong emotion in him and couldn't be out. It's like a volcano that always want to come out.

There were a conversation between each other before he passed away soon. Roy asked Natalie( his sister) how come she never had any long term relationship. She answered she liked to be alone. But, he said "No one prefers to be alone. The first step is scary but it's worth it." In this world, being alone is always the easist strategy to deal with complex of the emotional rollercoaster. We are all afraid to be hurt. But, that's the life, right? Grown up is to learn how to take the wound and become a positive attitude.

To the people who are brave enough to embrace the relationship!!

2 Comments:

At 10/12/2006 2:35 AM, Blogger Chez Buzenval said...

It's nice to know that you have more readers here now. Try to keep your blog updates as often as possible. I come here almost everyday !!
Yes. It's always difficult to talk about "relationship" in a movie, because it's already too difficult to live with it in the real life...

 
At 10/14/2006 3:33 AM, Blogger Ken said...

Thank you, M. My computer didn't corporate me very well. One day, I was writing something. And it crashed so everything was washed out. It so sucks. We all rely on the computer. When the power is gone, everything is gone. I add two more below. I need to upload some images I have been taking too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home