Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Spanish

I learned spanish in college when I was in Taiwan. It maybe not a big deal for Americans to think about it. But, No one really learned spanish in Taiwan. All my friends were trying to learn Japanese, French or Germany. It was a little bit weird to learn Spanish at the time.

I actually had a hard time to learn Spanish since the teacher was from Barcelona. He speaks Spanish very well. But, he doesn't speak Mandarin. His english had this heavy Spanish accent. I already had a trouble to understand standard English at the time. So, forgot it. I was like in the fog and blind. Never be able to catch what he taught. Although I got lot of passion to be the class, it didn't go well. I had to give up my dream to go to South America... (Yes, That was my original reason to learn Spanish).

Fast forward the time. Now I work in fashion. Half of people speak Mandarin and the other half. haha.. Spanish. I felt so lucky that I can pick up my favorite language again. 

Lot of people who speak Spanish don't English that well. So my learning is still on the word by word period. I still can't make sentences yet.

Maybe I should go to Spain for a while. lol

2 Comments:

At 4/06/2008 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Taïwan is the beautiful country ^^. I lived in Suao at north of taiwan, 4 years ago.
but the next year I go to USA!
Bye Greg.

 
At 5/10/2008 8:04 AM, Blogger Ken said...

That's the town next to my hometown. amazing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home