Sunday, March 09, 2008

Little Children


I have the movie "In the Bedroom". The same director directed both movies. I watched "Little Children" yesterday. It wasn't as good as "In the Bedroom". I was kind of disappointed. The best shot in the movie was Patrick Wilson and Kate Winslet's nude sex scene.
The movie is actually awfully long. It lasts 2 hours and 20 minutes. I would think he can cut like 40 minutes off at least. 
The story is about a stay-home father having an affair. Madame Bovary was part of discussion. I liked this part about the book, "Madame Bovary". We always have very high standard for women, specially fidelity. Kate Winslet actually says something nice after she has an affair with Patrick Wilson. I guess when we go on that certain period, we usually have more compassions with lot of imperfect things. And, we tolerate and understand more.
And, I fast forward last 40 minutes. I don't do that much....hahah
The movie spent too much time on a guy who is a sexual offender.
Oh well! There will be a next one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home