Sunday, May 21, 2006

My Ipod

My ipod was arrived on Wendesday. I was so excited to pick it up from my friend's house in the same night. I went home and played with it and linked to i-tune. It was very convenient and wonderful. I was so happy and became one of ipod owners who support monoply businesses. :p

In my life, I try to use Netscape instead of IE but now Firefox that is based on Netscape. I go to local coffee shops instead of starbucks. I love the diner on the corner to get my burger and fries instead of McDonald. But, I still lost in the jungle of Monopoly. And then, I fell into where I purchased all my stuffs. Local expensive shops or Giant cheap shops. My less than 3 digits monthly salary doesn't allow me have so many choices. I only do one thing at a time. And, then I got panic for a while.

Like the movie, Kinky Boots, I saw last night. The movie also dealed with globalization issues. I felt I can really relate with the movie from a person who also works in a small studio that struggle with the same issues as the movie. There are somethings we all fight for to stay in this world. We tried to be a significant individual instead of a vague face covered by thousands of people.

Ipod is definitely one of the best inventions from past 10 years. It got us supersize HD, strikingly chic design. We as modern people feed up with everything supersize. We got supersize meal from McDonald. We got supersize giant TV, even a supersize email account. Everything has to bigger and bigger in a certain way. I used to have a mp3 player that can be loaded with 20 songs only. Songs have to be deleted all the time because there is no capacity for more. I was kind of annoyed with it. The new ipod has a 30 GB HD. I won't need to delete songs anymore. That is very really cool. Just like my Gmail account, I don't need to delete any email unless it's a really junk. It's so funny that we live in this modern world that everyone become so greedy to get bigger and bigger sizes in everything. We all forget how to organize and make life simple.

Apple actually sells the lifestyle very successfully instead of just machine solely. They approach technology very different as their rivals. Podcast was another thing that attracts me very much. Podcast almost cover everything from language learning to cooking shows. It was so fascinating although it might be just a new form of audio books and videos combination. Ipod actuallly tried to dominate our audio and video life. I don't know what else they can do. Maybe wireless downloading songs. haha. Then, Steve Jobs probably wants to have his own wireless network.

Technology evolves so quickly. It's like we don't follow it close. We are way behind. It's the sadness to be modern human beings.

2 Comments:

At 8/03/2006 3:31 AM, Blogger Simrose said...

Do you have bobby mcgee on your ipod?

 
At 8/29/2006 8:39 PM, Blogger Ken said...

Who is he? I want to have his songs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home