Monday, May 01, 2006

Home Front and Saint of 9/11

I missed like 30 minutes of the show in "Saint 9/11" I was pissed because MTA had this stupid fixing schedule for so called "building another 100 years new york subway". When I got in, the movie already started. It was an interesting movie. I am not religious at all but I do believe religion should be with everyone instead of making enemies to people who are different from them. This is a movie was delicated to New York Fire Department Chaplain, Mychal Judge. The reason why I picked up the movie is I really want to know how they portrait him as a gay priest. I was lucky I didn't miss that part. They said he didn't hide his sexuality but he is not out either. He is an very passionate person and had lots of love. But, I felt like the movie is kind of flat to me.

I like "Home Front" a lot. It is much better than Saint of 9/11. It was more structured. The movie is not about Pro-War or Anti-War. It just simply talked about what happened with those injured veterans and how thier families were affected. Basically, I am an anti-war person. I don't believe violence would get us to go anywhere. The movie didn't talk about that much those soldiers' belief of the war. Do they change after they got injured? Not sure. I could kind of sense that the main charactor and his family have a strong belief in military. But the documentary is trying to limit the subject within injured soldier's life. It's more about humanity not political statement which avoid the conflict. I think it's very positive.

I have 6 more movies come up. Hummmmm, I feel very excited.
1. Boy culture
2. Another gay movie
3. Fat girl
4. A perfect day
5. Mentor
6. The big bad swim

Stay tune....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home