Monday, May 01, 2006

Tribeca Film Festival

Tribeca Film Festival started last week. I got tickets for 8 different movies. I saw 2 movies in the weekend. One was Saint 9/11 and the other one was Home Front. Both are documentary. They are quite touching and very good movies. I will post how I feel with the movies later.

I live in far end of Brooklyn. Lately, MTA declares they will repair Q train during the weekend. This weekend was totally diaster. I had "Saint 9/11" at 11am. It took me 1 hour and half to get in the city. Originally, it only takes me around like 40 minutes. I ended up missing like 30 minutes movie. I was really upset. I felt like when transportation doesn't run on time, we all have to suffered without any weapon we can fight it back. And, then today. I had movie at 7pm so I left my house at 3:45pm. I got Union Square around 5pm. 2 hours traveling time. Huh. I can fly to Chicago easily. What happened with this subway? They just fixed some part of tunnel last octor. And, then it has to be fixed again now. This is the only time I hate to live so far away. Everything is screwed.

I really like this festival. There are 200 movies showing in the city. I wish I have money and time to see like 50 movies. My budget is kind of tight. The festival is focus on documentary and mid-eastern movies( hummmm, I have thought about this term for a while. It's very european center oriented. Mid-east, Far-east. I feel like I should say "west asia" instead. No one ever said England or France are Far-West..lol) The two movies I saw were documentary. I am always a fan of documentary movies. It's real in some way but they are still scripted in a way. If movie reflects our life, documentary movie would be the image of our life. Through it, we felt thing was really happened. And did tell.

There are not so many chances to see the movies from more remote world. Through west asia movies, we would try to understand more about what they think, what they do. It produce more dialogues. I didn't get any of them this time. When I figure out my time. It was kind of late to get any of those movies. It's sad. Hope next year I will get some thing different. :)

I will post a picture of a dress I draped soon. :)

3 Comments:

At 5/10/2006 3:46 PM, Blogger Simrose said...

I agree with you. Everything is Euro focused. Mid-Eastern. Middle to what? The last time I checked the world was round.

It sucks about the subway. For real though.

 
At 5/13/2006 3:55 AM, Blogger Ken said...

Euro is the major power in the world right now. What can we do?

NYC subway is pain the ass. We all suffer as a person who lives in new york city. This is definitely one of times I do really feel volunerable to be a little passenger. :0

 
At 9/26/2006 1:18 AM, Blogger Chez Buzenval said...

I sent one of my short films there but they didn't accept it... Too bad. I'd like to go to NY for once but just don't have chance !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home